36 FACTS ABOUT DATING & RELATIONSHIPS…
A man’s top dating fears include that a woman will come between him and his friends, won’t allow him free time, will turn out to be a stalker, won’t respect him, or will be too high maintenance.
We have combined a list of must-know facts both women and women may conside interesting:
- Couples usually wait until six to eight dates before they are willing to enter into an exclusive relationship.
- The most common time for breakups is around three to five months.
- One in three teenagers have experienced violence in a dating relationship.
- More than 31% of men dumped an overweight partner compared to 12% of women.
- A couple will exchange house keys on an average of 12-14 dates
- Women who post a photo on Internet dating sites receive twice as many email messages as women who don’t.
- The same study found that men who reported incomes higher than $250,000 received 156% more email than those with $50,000.
- On free dating sites, at least 10% of new accounts are from scammers.
- If a man can’t decide what to wear on a date, he might want to wear blue. Studies show that women are attracted to men in blue.
- Ninety-two percent of single parents would rather date other single parents.
- Thirty-three percent of online daters form a relationship, 33% do not, and 33% give up.
- The online dating industry generates $1.8 billion per year and the matchmaker/dating coach business generates $260 million per year in the United States.
- The third week in September is National Singles Week in the U.S.
- People were twice as likely to find a date through friends and family than through the bar scene.
- Four out of 10 workplace dating relationships result in marriage.
- It only takes seconds to decide another person’s attractiveness
- Most people make a decision regarding a person’s attraction within three seconds of meeting.
- Worst places to go on first date include fast-food restaurants, your kids’ birthday party or school play, your parents’ house, strip clubs, X-rated films or swingers parties, a party where your ex will be, church activities, or window shopping.
- Dating specialists suggest that if a woman doesn’t return a call after two messages, she is not interested.
- If a woman offers to pay for everything, chances are she isn’t that into the date. There’s an unspoken understanding that a man paying for everything is a form of “copulatory gift,” which is almost universal in all animal species.
- Eye contact, or a “copulatory gaze,” is a primary and powerful tool for attracting a potential date for both men and women. However, the meaning of various types of eye contact differs from culture to culture.
- Statistics show that trying to get a relationship to work with an ex doesn’t usually work. The case where it might work is if there were extenuating circumstances of the breakup, such as one of couple had been going through a family tragedy or moved… Giztzzz… madetv!