FACTS YOU NEVER KNEW ABOUT BEER…
Alotta people worldwide love to consume beer. While there are different brands of beer, most beer lovers have their favourite brand and stick to it religiously unless in rare situations when the preferred is not available. For those people who love beer,here are facts about beer that would amuse you…
1. The only drinks that are more widely consumed worldwide than beer are water and tea.
2. In 1814 London suffered the Great Beer Flood when about 388,000 gallons of beer flooded the streets around Tottenham Court Road after vats in a brewery ruptured. At least eight people drowned but a judge and jury ruled the beer flood was an Act of God.
3. The world’s most expensive beer is Belgium’s La Vieille Bon Secours ale which costs £700 a bottle.
4. In Medieval Britain more beer was drunk than water as the alcohol made it safer.
5. People in Czech Republic drink more beer than anywhere else, an average amount of 143 litres per head.
6. Amsterdam pays alcoholics in beer. For cleaning the city streets, local alcoholics get 10 Euros, half a packet of rolling tobacco and 5 beers as payment by a government-funded organization.
7. Beer is one of the world’s oldest prepared beverages, possibly dating back to the early Neolithic or 950 BC.
8. The world´s strongest beer is Brewmeister´s, Snake Venom“. While regular beer usually have about 5% ABV, this Scottish killer has a stomach-burning 67,5% ABV.
9. The Ancient Egyptians built the pyramids under the influence. According to Patrick McGovern, an archaeologist from the University of Pennsylvania, workers at Giza received about four liters of beer a day.
10. Beer prevents kidney stones. A study published in American Journal of Epidemiology estimated that a bottle of beer consumed every day reduces the risk by 40%.
11. Beer commercials in the US aren’t really allowed to show people actually drinking the beer. It’s a US law that people cannot actually be shown consuming an alcoholic beverage on television.
12. The White House brews its own beer: President Obama is the first president to ever brew beer on White House grounds, according to the official White House blog.
13. The first professional brewers were women: In ancient Egypt, beer was traditionally brewed by women, according to The Atlantic. The women had to be very beautiful to be able to become brewsters. But as the economy transitioned from agriculture-based to industry-based, beer became commercial, brewed and sold mainly by men.
14. Ancient Babylonians were so serious about brewing beer that if anyone brewed a bad batch, they would drown him in it as a punishment.
15. The world’s largest beer festival is Oktoberfest. Held annually in Munich, Germany, it is a 16-day funfair running from late September to the first weekend in October with more than 6 million people from around the world attending the event every year.
16. Beer strengthens bones. It is rich in silicon that increases calcium deposits and minerals for bone tissue.
17. The foamy head is a very important part of the beer. It is formed by a complex carbon-dioxide reaction and can say a lot about the quality of the beer. If the head is missing, it can mean that your beer is flat and bland-tasting…
Plz drink responsively because alcohol consumption has always been a major cause of auto crashes… Giztzzz… mAdE t.V!