FOR LADIES: SIGNS YOU ARE JUST HIS SIDE CHIC…
Could you be the other woman? No one ever wants to be an opening act when they could be a main event – but how do you know? These signs are surefire signals you’re not his or her main squeeze.
1. He doesn’t make plans in advance.
Next Tuesday? Let’s confirm on… Monday night. If you feel like ditching your planner because your plans are always on the fly, it might be time to reevaluate your situation.
2. He calls you nicknames like ‘boo’ and ‘mi amor’.
Girl, he just doesn’t want to mess up your name or have others catch on. Next.
3. Your calls go straight to voicemail.
Calls not being picked up, especially in the evening hours? He’s at home with his girl.
4. There’s a ‘read’ receipt… but no reply.
Yeah, he’s not thinking of replying to that text until he’s alone – or it’s 2 a.m.
5. He never spends the night.
He’s got a bed to get to, and it ain’t yours boo boo.
6. He doesn’t post any pics of you on social media.
He has no problem posting pictures of his family, friends and even dogs – but when it comes to you, it’s like you don’t exist. And we’re not talking just profile pic absentee, we’re talking any and all pictures. None.
7. If he even allows you to follow him (he’s private!?).
He doesn’t accept your friend or follow request? Red flag.
8. You’ve never been to his place.
Is his place Narnia?! Do you need a wardrobe to get there? Run away.
9. You never spend holidays together.
He’s always with “his family.” But that could mean his wife and kids, not mami and papi.
10. You break up before important events.
Speaking of holidays, does it seem like you always break-up before major ones before getting back together right after? Or that the same thing happens right before a birthday? Yeah, he’s avoiding gifts and quality time. But don’t worry girl, he’s got arbor day and groundhog day all for you.
11. Familia and amigos… are they invisible?
You’ve heard about them, but you’ve never once met them. Not a good sign.
12. Booty calls… are there any other types of calls?
The times you speak always seem to be a little “off.” Like 2 a.m., “I’ll-be-over-soon” off.
13. You don’t know anything about him.
You know he exists, but beyond that? If you don’t know his workplace, his family members’ names or his favorite hangout spot – delete his number and move on. Giztzzz… mAdE t.V!